Friday, June 16, 2006

The day before
Tomorrow is the Highland Sky Trail Run, I have big expectations of this run fueled by all the positive comments from the ultra mailing list. My longest long run was 2 weeks ago at 30.77 mi. on trails around Canoe Creek State park which is a mere 1/2 mile from my house.
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/canoecreek.aspx
I feel very fortunate to live so close to some nice trails in this park. One loop around the lake is a bit over 6 miles which is just right for doing multiple self sustained loops for my long runs. I park my car along my route and stop to refill my water bottle and refuel etc as needed. The lake is now open for swimming and my next long run is going to end with a dip in the lake ;) .

At this point the weather outlook is pretty good, although 79degrees is getting on the warm side I'll take it over rain and mud which I had to deal with during the first 3 ultras this year.

No comments: